A Chinese travel/tourism delegation visited TAAN office on July 13. The Chinese team led by Mr. Wang, Executive Director of the Tourist Association of Shaanxi Province and 4 other officials had had interaction program with TAAN executive committee.
Following were the major points expressed by the Chinese team:
- \"Nepal is our good neighbor.
- Major problems in coming to Nepal are visa. Our province is twice as big as Nepal. How can we find Nepalese visa office in China
- Nepal has no plane in China. Chinese also have very few flights in Nepal.
- There should be more Chinese language users in Nepal to facilitate Chinese tourist. We could nowhere see Chinese words in Nepal!
\" - There should be special target program for Chinese tourists.
- Only 0.01% of the total Chinese population can be a huge number for Nepalese tourism industry.
- Too many travel/trekking agencies in Nepal can create problems in quality services.
- We are very interested to promote Chinese tourists in Nepal.
- Nepal has very few things to sell, so focus on quality service and satisfy the tourists.
President Mr. Mahendra Singh Thapa and TAAN officials presented about TAAN and its activities. The Chinese team were very happy to have this interaction and said \"we want to come again next time, you also come to China to promote your tourism.\"